Saturday, May 25, 2013

Contents May Settle Have Settled...


It was 16 months ago that I wrote, "My Quiver Is Full," and shared that we had a new addition to our family and that our house (and quiver) was full...well God has an amazing sense of humor and on May 21st, He added a new sweet baby boy to our mix!  That brings the total to Parents 2; children 8!

Besides the awe and wonder of new life, I can't stop thinking about that label on cereal boxes and other packages that reads, "Contents may have settled during shipment."  So that is my story...yes my quiver was full 16 months ago, but the contents have settled and made room for one more since then! :)

It also reminds me of one of my favorite Bible truths from Proverbs 19:21, "Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails."  So often we go through our day to day life with our agenda and forget that God is the one truly in control, He is calling the shots, and He is our agenda setter!  So today, I am leaving my agenda aside, and resting in the promise that God knows the plans He has for me, and that they are plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future! (Jeremiah 29:11) Want to ride along with me?  


As always, I love hearing your comments or questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment